Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Christmas Creation

I have posted in the past about my tradition of giving my girls a Christmas ornament that depicts their interest that year. My youngest daughter started cheer leading this year in preparation for trying out for cheerleader in high school next year. Though, she said, "I don't want a slew of cheerleader ornaments". So I gave it a great deal of thought and came up with something that she really liked.

That's my baby on the left, with her best friend. You can't see in this picture but the emblem on her uniform is a red, silver and black star. It just popped in my head one day to try to replicate that emblem.

From the craft store I got one of the cardboard star shaped boxes, and very fine shimmery glitter in her colors. I drew the emblem on the top of the box, and covered in glitter. She loved it.

Here it is in it's place of honor, front and center of our Christmas tree. Wonder what I'm in store for next year.

No comments: