Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Daily Diet

Breakfast: Fried egg and sausage links.
Went to the mall to get Hannah some shoes so lunch was from the Food Court.
Lunch: McDonald's Bacon Ranch Crispy Chicken Sandwich, as you can see I put the bun aside and ate it with a fork and knife. The chicken has a little breading but I'm ok with that. I forgot to take my camera with me, Hannah's phone died, so this picture was taken with my ancient phone.
Dinner: "Reward Meal", Broiled Steak, Betty Croker Julienne Potatoes and sauteed zucchini, onions and diced tomatoes. When I go shopping I buy NY strip steaks, I bring home the steaks and cut them in half, part economical, part reducing the amount of red meat we eat.

Dessert: with "reward meal" Snicker Doodle Muffin, recipe can be found here

Ok, so far I think I've made this "diet" seem really great. I mean, on how many diets can you have a regular dessert, or low carb diets where you can have potatoes. Not many.
Here are some draw backs to this diet, 1. I prefer eggs with a runny yolk. Omelets are ok, so are scrambled eggs and hard boiled eggs, but I love a runny yolk egg. The problem is I desperately, yes, I said desperately, want a piece of toast or biscuit to sop up that yolk, but unless I want breakfast to be my reward meal I can't have it. I don't usually make that meal breakfast, because it doesn't give me anything to look forward to. 2. Another draw back are tasty little morsel such as the ones pictured below.
I've decided to call these Pizza Poppers, recipe here these are crescent roll dough filled with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
I made these today for Hannah, they are soooo good fresh out of the oven, they are flaky and the cheese melts, mmmmm. Could I have any, NO. I had to save one and have it with my "reward meal" they just aren't the same warmed over. So there is good with bad on this diet.

No comments: