Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 3 Monday August 3

This was the best day there by far. Michael took the girls and Brian on an excursion, and this my friends is where I spent the morning and early afternoon, lying on this cabana reading. Don't get me wrong I love my family, however I am the mother of a 22 year old and a 12 year old. My life revolves around them and their schedule, especially the 12 year olds. I didn't have to think of any mom stuff, they were with their dad and they were fine. Also, no navigating the road while my husband drove us to somewhere we didn't know where we were going. Then getting yelled at for missing the turn, ladies you know how it is, unless you are one of those who prefers to drive.

It was peace on earth. At some point, I don't remember the time after all I wasn't on any schedule, the cabana guy came around announcing "Last call for Happy Hour, 2 for 1 margaritas", oh I said "bring me mango".

This was the view of the pool from my little spot in paradise. Except for the trash can it was ok. This was the closest cabana available by the time I arrived at the pool. It didn't matter, I wasn't looking at the pool much. There were some water aerobic classes going at one point, I briefly thought about joining in, but that passed.

This was the only time I thought of taking a picture of my food, (for some reason I just don't think about that). It was a delicious Steak and Shrimp quesadilla, yum. Somewhere around 3:00 the family got back, they were starving so we went to a small lunch place at the resort so they could get some food. I didn't eat, I was still full from my lunch.

This was the excursion they went on, jetskiing and snorkeling. I'm sure it would have been fun, but as you can see I would have been the odd man out, so when given the choice of driving a jetski all day by myself, or laying on a cabana all day by myself, well I don't think I need to explain.


No comments: