Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2, 1997

Another one of the happiest days of my life...the day Hannah was born.

We had been trying to have our second child since our first was 3 years old. Some days it seemed like it was never going to happen. After a little health issue and a miscarriage, seven years later you were born. For those of you who have also suffered through a miscarriage, I would never want to demean your experience or pain by saying, having that miscarriage was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I was getting older, and we had decided that when I finally did get pregnant, that would be our last child. Well thankfully God had different plans for us. He decided, he didn't want us to have that child, he wanted us to have Hannah instead, and I will forever be grateful for His intervention.
This was on her first trip to Disneyland. She and I are having a conversation while we were waiting in line for the raft to go over to Tom Sawyer's Island. She is such a talker. She gets into the car after school and tells me everything about her day. I absolutely love it. I hope she never stops doing that, it will be a sad the day.

Here she is with her brother David, he was 23, this was taken at her big sister's 11th birthday party.

She was a thumb sucker, we thought she would never stop. She finally did when she was 6 years old. We were so lucky she didn't do permanent damage to her teeth, for someone who sucked their thumb, she has one of the prettiest smiles.
She has spent a lot of her life tagging along at her sister's activities. This was taken while her sister was doing youth cheer leading, they got a sucker every week. One time while eating a sucker she got stung by a yellow-jacket on the lip. One of the other parents had the EMT for the game look at her sting, they decided to call the paramedics to come from the fire station to check her out. She was OK.
This was taken at Pacific Grove, Michael walks most every morning, even when on vacation. Especially when that vacation is at the beach, she decided to walk with him this day. She was around 3.

This was a Preschool picture. I love this picture, her eyes are so blue, and her smile is so bright. (Still sucking that thumb at this time). She was so shy, I used to say she was afraid of her own shadow. I would have never known my shy little baby would grow up to be on stage doing theatre and dance. She hasn't done theatre in a while, but she is a member of a Hip Hop & Jazz Dance team. She dances like she's not afraid of anything.
This was her in her Jazzy Cat costume for her Winter Recital this past Christmas. I absolutely love watching her dance.
This was taken with her "Sissy" at the Nutcracker this past Christmas.
Hannah, you are growing into such a lovely, intelligent young lady, I am so proud of you. I love you more than words can say.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments: