Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Low Carb Diet

I have been on a version of a "Low Carb Diet" since January. I got this diet from a book called, "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet". In a nutshell, you eat 2 meals per day that are low carb, 4 carbs or less. The third meal is called a "Reward Meal", you can eat anything you want during this meal, including dessert. If you snack throughout the day they as well need to be 4 carbs or less. There is too much detail for me to go into, so if anyone is interested in this diet I recommend reading the book.

Today on Facebook, my neice and a friend told me they were going "low carb", and wanted to know what I ate, I'm guessing since I've been on the diet for 2 months now. So I decided I would try every evening to post what I ate for the day, that way they might see something they never thought of, and try it. The key to this way of living is variety, and food that is tasty, if I ate just meat and salads all the time, I think I would go nuts.

The only thing I have for today is my dinner, as it was almost dinner time when I read the comments I had. This is a stir fry. It is actually a recipe that I got for Egg Roll filling. One time I made egg rolls, and this is what was inside of it, I had some leftover and thought it would be good for lunch the next day.
In this bowl are a couple handfuls of a bagged cole slaw mix, yes there are some carrots, but I don't think there is really enough to do much damage, 2 chopped green onions, a few shakes of ground ginger and a spoonful of crushed garlic (you could used diced if that's what you have).

This is a leftover chicken breast, I actually split it in half length wise before I cooked it last night because it was going to be in a sandwich. If you don't have leftover chicken, you could cook a fresh chicken breast and it will already be warm.

I diced up the chicken.
I mixed it all together and sauted it in a little olive oil, till the cabbage was just a little cooked and the chicken was warm.
I added a splash of soy sauce, and mixed it up a little.

I only ate half of it, I will take the other half to work for lunch on another day, when I first started the diet, I would have eaten all of it, or had some vegies with it.

No comments: