Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

It starts with the cooking.

This is Shirley, my sister's mother-in-law. She's rolling the dough for chicken and dumplings. She says "You know, I used to make my dough from scratch, but this stuff (refrigerator biscuits) is the same thing." This woman is an amazing cook, and I know if she's using a short cut it is at the very least as good as scratch, or she wouldn't be doing it.

Well, Bentley knows who to beg from. This is my brother-in-law carving the turkey, and he knows Uncle Darrell will give him nibbles.

Here is the lay out. The usual stuff turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, but Shirley wants to make sure there is plenty food, so she makes meatloaf, chicken and dumplings, and an amazing macaroni salad.

Bentley just woke up from a tryptophan induced coma. He is a darn mess, someone needs to give him a bath, oh, I guess that would be me.

Friday we went to see the grand babies, this is August, isn't he just the cutest thing you ever saw?
Oh no, did I just say August was the cutest, what a dilemma, guess it's a tie. Liam and Papa at the fountains where we had lunch. Liam gave PaPa a good work out running around the fountain. It was a great trip.

No comments: