Sunday, March 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



One night I was surfing the web and I came upon this group of folks who plan their weekly menu and post it on-line. My first thought was "why would you want to do that"? Well I've decided to join the Menu Plan Monday group on the I'm an Organizing Junkie website. I'm hoping it will stimulate more viewers for my site, so please visit me and leave comments so I know you're out there. Several Months ago I was planning out a menu for the whole month. That got to be so tiring, I spent way more time on it than I wanted to, and do you really know at the beginning of the month what you are going to want at the end of the month, I say no. Over the past month I've been making a weekly plan, so far I like this better. Hopefully soon I will have lots of recipes w/pictures (I love that) to share. So here is my plan for next week.

3/22/09

Monday: Teriyaki Beef and vegies

Tuesday: Chili Rellano's, spanish rice & beans (Recipe below)

Wednesday: Salmon Cakes & Salad

Thursday: Chicken w/rice Casserole & vegies (Recipe below)

Friday: Manwich & French Fries

Saturday: Daughter's Birthday Dinner - Sushi

Sunday: Soup & Sandwich

For more Menu Plan Monday recipes visit orgjunkie.com

Chili Rellanos

Canned Ortega Whole Green Chili's (however many you need for your family)

Stuff with chuncks of Monterey Jack Cheese

Roll in flour, then roll in beaten eggs

Fry in oil until brown and egg is cooked through

Serve with your favorite sides.

Chicken w/rice Casserole

Not sure what site I snagged this recipe, this is the first time I will make it so I hope it's good.

Chicken Breasts

1 c brown rice

1 can your choice cream of ... soup

1 packet Italian seasoning mix

2 c boiling water

Salt & pepper, or your favorite seasonings

Mix cream of...soup, rice, Italian seasoning mix and boling water. Pour into a 9x13 pan, adding chicken breasts on top, sprinkle paprika on top. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Put in oven at 350. Take foil off and bake another 15-20 minutes.

As I've said I've never cooked this before, it seems like a long time to bake, I'll see how it goes and make changes if necessary.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to MPM, I have only been blogging for a few weeks, so I'm still a newbie as well!
Looks very yummy...except for maybe the sushi...but that's just me! :o)

God Bless,
Brandi

Buffie said...

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday. Your plan looks yummy.

Hoosier Homemade said...

Welcome! Glad you can join us!
Your menu looks great!
Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Kiy said...

Welcome to MPM! It really is fun and a great way to meet new friends. Your menu looks great.

Have a wonderful week, Kiy

Amanda from Faith, Food and Family said...

Menu looks great! This is only my third MPM. Welcome!
God bless,
Amanda

Karen said...

Hi Grammie, thanks for stopping by my site and checkin out my menu for the week. Yours looks yummy too! Hope you have a great week.
http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/?p=431

Laura said...

Welcome to MPM!! Menu planning has been such a lifesaver for me. I really appreciate you joining us :)

Laura