Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hand made Christmas Ornaments

In a previous blog I mentioned the christmas right after we bought our first home. Christmas 1982. We didn't have alot of money. However, this home had a vaulted ceiling and I really wanted a tall christmas tree for that tall spot in the room. This was only our second christmas together, so we didn't have alot of ornament already to fill this tree. So a friend of mine had a recipe for these baked ornaments. I don't remember the recipe, I do remember it had a lot of salt in it. So we made this dough rolled it out, gathered all of our christmas cookie cutters and she, my sister-in-law and I made these christmas ornaments. I already had the paint. I remember it was alot of fun and I enjoyed the painting part as well. I don't use these on my tree now, they are old and kind of fragile now so they stay in the box, and get brought out just to look at and reminise. Though, when my girls take all their ornaments away with them, I just might have to bring them out again.

No comments: