Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"And on this day is born...a saviour"

My all time favorite Christmas decoration's are Nativities. The total count on my different nativities now is 10. This nativity I painted 6 years ago. When I was in high school painting something called "Hydrocal" was really big. They are pieces made of plaster-of-paris. I saw this at the craft store and decided "I want to paint this". After I was done I had so much fun doing it I decided to do two other's (different types) for christmas presents. One of our relatives had just finished building a new home and their christmas present was of a house that looked similar to their new home with Santa, his sleigh and reindeer on the roof, it was really cute. The other relative got one that was of Santa Claus looking into a window and seeing a little girl asleep by a fireplace, again really cute (wish I had taken pictures of those). Anyway the story on these is that I had worked really hard on these creations, and my Kindergartner got Chicken Pox 3 days before Christmas, (yes she had received the vacsination) so she and I had to stay home from the Christmas Eve festivities and I never got to see their reaction to the beautiful things that I created for them. But my husband and my oldest daughter said they really enjoyed them.

No comments: