Saturday, January 14, 2012

Blanket Creations

Christmas brought yet another opportunity for me to create!!!!

In November, my daughter and I help our church make these cute knotted fleece blankets to be given to the families in our community they adopt, for Christmas. This is my daughter helping.
When we were done that day, she told me she would like a blanket like that. So I told her that Santa could possibly bring her one. So here it is.

You start with 2 yards of 2 different types of fleece. Lay them out together cut of the salvage edge and trim them up so that they are fairly even. Then you cut a 4 inch square in each of the corners.

With the use of a ruler cut 1 inch wide strips, 4 inches long, being sure to cut through both layers of fabric. Follow this step all the way around the fabric.

Then tie alternate strips (every other one), in a double knot. Follow this step all the way around the fabric.

Then flip the blanket over and tie the remaining strips in a double knot. Follow this step all the way around the fabric.

This is the finished project. She loves black, white and teal.

No comments: