Monday, December 5, 2011

30 Years Ago Today...

I married the love of my life.



I was 19 years old when I met him. He was 26. I met him through his sister. He was used to taking his dates out for drinks, he wanted to date me but didn't know where to take me. His sister told him, "she likes to watch movies." So that's where it all began. Our first date was in May, he asked me to marry him in August, and we got married in December, that's what I call a whirlwind romance. He had been divorced for a year, and his family asked him, "what's the hurry?" He told them that he had found the girl he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, so why wait.








We have been together more than half of my life. I can't imagine life without him. We've had tough times, but we have faced them together. If there is a secret, I believe that is it. No matter what happened throughout our lives, we have lived, struggled, and rejoiced "together". We have been so blessed, even through our most recent trials, we are blessed to still be together and still very much in love.








He is my best friend.







Michael, I love you more than life it's self. Marrying you was the absolute best thing I ever did.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

I completely missed this...I'm sorry. Happy Anniversary!

Debra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.