Monday, June 27, 2011

Diabetic S'more

LOVE THIS SNACK. One thing that I get to do, now that I have diabetes, is eat a bedtime snack. I should have around 30 grams of carbs with a little protein (milk is carb and protein at the same time) before I go to bed to keep me from having a low blood sugar while I sleep. I have dieted most of my teen and adult life, eating right before bed was always a no, no.

I got a portion of this recipe here. I put 2 tablespoons of cool whip between a graham cracker broken in half, wrapped it in plastic wrap and put it in the freezer and let it freeze. I thought it was yummy just as it was. I told my daughters it tasted like a s'more without the chocolate. My oldest told me to try shmearing a little Nutella on it. So I looked at the number of carbs in the Nutella, I could put a 1/4 tablespoon on it. so the next time I made them I did. It is sooooo good, it has a total of 17 carbs, the original version with one marshmallow and 1/2 hershey bar has 31 carbs. There is 30 total carbs (including the milk) in this bedtime snack.

No comments: