Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Cookies

Snicker Doodles
Oatmeal
Amanda Gardner Photography


These are the same as the previous picture, just frosted.  These are called sugar cookies, but they are thicker and denser more cakey, they have nutmeg in them so they are very Christmasy. My girls enjoy them plain but I love them frosted, which makes them even more like little cakes.  I started making these cookies the Christmas we bought our first home 1982, it was my friends recipe, she was low on funds that year so we got together bought the ingredients and made them for presents.  I have added the Snicker Doodles, Oatmeal Cookies and the Pumpkin Bread and this year I'm giving them to my Girl Scouts and people I work with.

Here is the little holiday plate with all the goodies together getting ready to be wrapped up and given out.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Yum! I'd love your sugar cookie recipe! I'm always looking for a good sugar cookie.