Friday, November 7, 2008

Wish you could smell this.

Fresh out of the oven, this has to be one of the best smell's there is. Pumpkin Bread. I got the recipe for this in Home Economics when I was in the 7th grade. I hung on to that and many of the other recipes I got back then. One Christmas several years ago, we had just bought our first house and money was a little tight, so a friend and I decided to make this recipe as well as some cookies for gifts. Didn't really make it much after that, until I had my first daughter. I don't remember when, but I decided to start making the bread and cookies every year. More about the cookies later, the star if this blog is the Pumpkin Bread. It's a very simple recipe, no nuts and no cloves, just a pure pumpkin and nutmeg taste. I try not to make this any other time of the year, because it wouldn't be a special holiday treat for my girls.

No comments: