Tuesday, October 14, 2008

30 Years of Baby Blankets

These are three of my creations. I've been making these large Granny Square baby blankets for relatives for about 29 years.


Amanda Gardner Photography
This blanket I made 22 years ago for my baby Amanda. We didn't know what she was going to be so I just chose some random colors that I thought would go in the nursery. I got lucky with the lavendar color (I just had a feeling, but I couldn't bring myself to do pink, just incase I was wrong).






Amanda Gardner Photography
This one I made 12 years ago for my baby Hannah. I started making the blanket with a varigated yarn, then once I found out that she was going to be a girl, I trimmed it in pink.










This blanket I made 2 years ago for my grandson Liam. By the time his parents told us he was coming, they already knew that it was a boy.




No comments: